Bhinda Ni Kadhi
Satisfy Your Cravings with Delicious Bhindi Kadhi Recipe
Are you looking for a unique and flavorful way to enjoy okra? Look no further than Bhindi ki Kadhi - a delicious and tangy dish that is sure to impress your taste buds. Bhindi is a low-calorie vegetable that is high in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins, making it beneficial for digestion, blood sugar control, and immune function.
- 1 1/2 cups ladies finger (bhindi) , cut into 25 mm. pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups fresh curd (dahi)
- 5 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2 pinches of asafoetida (hing)
- 5 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
For The Garnish:
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- steamed rice (chawal)
- To make bhinda ni kadhi, heat oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the bhindi.
- Sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- To make kadhi, combine the curds and besan in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain.
- Add 3 cups of water and mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared curds-besan-water mixture, turmeric powder, salt, ginger-green chilli paste and sugar, mix well and bring to a boil for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, bring the kadhi to boil. Add the sauteed ladies finger. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the kadhi with coriander and serve hot with steamed rice.
- Make sure when you boil the kadhi you do stir it in between or it will curdle.
- Bhindi should not be chopped finely or very big, just medium sized.
- Add the bhindi just before serving the kadhi.
Bhindi ni Kadhi is rich in fiber and antioxidants, promoting digestive health and reducing inflammation. The dish also contains yogurt, which is a good source of protein and probiotics, aiding in maintaining a healthy gut microbiome and improving immune function.