Fried Bhindi with Peanuts
Comforting Bhindi Fry: A Burst of Flavors in Every Spoonful
Are you looking for a unique and flavorful way to enjoy okra? Look no further than Bhindi fry with peanuts - a delicious and tangy dish that is sure to impress your taste buds.
Bhindi is a low-calorie vegetable that is high in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins, making it beneficial for digestion, blood sugar control, and immune function.
- 2 1/2 cups diagonally cut ladies finger (bhindi)
- 1/4 cup roasted and coarsely crushed peanuts
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the bhindi and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, add the salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the peanuts and coriander and mix well.
Fried Bhindi with Peanuts offers a healthy dose of dietary fiber and essential nutrients like vitamin B6, folate, and potassium.The peanuts in this dish provide a good source of heart-healthy fats and protein, making it a nutritious and delicious option for any meal.