Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe
Luscious Lauki Delight: How to Make the Perfect Halwa
Are you looking for a unique dessert recipe that is both healthy and delicious? If so, you're in the right place! Lauki Ka Halwa is the perfect way to end any meal.
Bottle gourd is a low-calorie vegetable that is high in fiber and may help improve digestion and promote hydration.
- 1 cup grated bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki)
- 1 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup grated mawa (khoya)
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the bottle gourd and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and milk and cover and cook on a slow flame for approx. 4 to 5 minutes, till the bottle gourd is soft.
- Add the khoya, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, garnish with chirongi nuts and allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
You must use freshly grated dudhi in the halwa and we have not removed the water. When the dudhi has become soft while cooking then add the sugar.