Low Salt Green Pea and Basil Soup Recipe
Healthy and Flavorful: Low Salt Green Pea and Basil Soup
Fresh and Nutritious: Green Pea and Basil Soup with Reduced Sodium
This low salt green pea and basil soup is the perfect option! Packed with the goodness of green peas and the aromatic flavor of fresh basil, this soup is not only healthy but also bursting with flavors. Plus, with reduced sodium content, it's a great choice for anyone watching their salt intake. Give this recipe a try for a satisfying and wholesome meal!
Basil is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which can help protect against chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease. Additionally, basil has antibacterial properties and may aid in digestion, making it a great herb to include in a healthy diet.
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions whites
- 1/4 cup chopped basil (tulsi) leaves
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (kali mirch)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green peas and 3 cups of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cool completely, add the basil and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour the green pea mixture into the same deep non-stick pan, add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- Reduced Sodium Intake: Low salt green pea and basil soup can be an excellent addition to a low-sodium diet, as it contains significantly less salt compared to other soups. A lower sodium intake can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- High in Nutrients: Green peas are a great source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and other essential minerals, while basil is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. These nutrients can help support a healthy immune system, improve digestion, and reduce inflammation.
- Weight Management: This soup is a low-calorie and nutrient-dense option, making it an excellent choice for those looking to maintain a healthy weight. The fiber in the soup can also help you feel full for longer.